Minecraft(我的世界)苦力怕论坛

[官方文章] 《奇厄教主之崛起》现已发售

发表于 2020-7-9 12:10:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 IP:广东省
image.jpg
Rise of the Arch-Illager
奇厄教主之崛起

Meet the author behind Minecraft Dungeons’ first novel
见见《我的世界:地下城》第一部小说的作者吧

Could there possibly be a better combination than books and Minecraft? Peanut butter and jelly? Macaroni and cheese? I certainly can’t think of a better use for ink and paper than to tell stories about amazing Overworld adventures.
还有比书+我的世界更好的搭配吗?花生酱+果冻?通心粉+奶酪?我当然想不出还有什么比用墨与纸来讲述奇妙的主世界冒险故事更好的搭配了。

And here’s even more proof: we’re about to release a new novel based on Minecraft Dungeons! It’s called Rise of the Arch-Illager, and is an exciting prequel to the game which sets out the early life of the Arch-Illager.
这里还有更多的证据:我们即将发布一部基于我的世界的新小说——《奇厄教主之崛起》,这是一个振奋人心的游戏前传,它阐述了奇厄教主的早期生活。

Wait, why would you want to read about that fink? Well, I asked the book's fantastic author,Matt Forbeck, who told me how he’s written a story which makes you care about the bad guy, how he makes hitting stuff exciting, and why it’s a mistake to cackle all the time (which was honestly a bit of a disappointment to me).
等等,你为什么要看那个大恶人的生活?我问了这本书的了不起的作者Matt Forbeck,他告诉我他是如何写一个让你关心坏人的故事的,他是如何让触碰法杖变得振奋人心,以及为什么总是咯咯地笑并不好(老实说,我对此感到些许失望)。

Alex: Hey Matt! I promise I’ll ask you about Minecraft in a minute, but first can I just exclaim… You’ve written three novels for – OMG –Halo!
嘿,Matt!我保证我会在一分钟内问完你关于我的世界的事情,但首先我要感叹一下你居然已经写完了三本小说!

Matt: Yeah! That was a great gig. I actually interviewed with Bungie for a freelance writing position on – I think it was Myth. They showed me a demo of Halo two years before it came out, and I was like, wow! My jaw just dropped.
Matt:没错!这是份不小的工作。事实上,我曾经以一位自由撰稿人的身份采访了Bungie这家公司,我认为这家公司就是我的神。在《光晕》问世前两年,他们给我看了一段游戏演示,哇,我当时目瞪口呆。

Alex: I am incredibly jealous. And Halo’s just the start! I can’t actually count how many books you’ve written.
Alex:羡慕啊。而《光晕》只是你撰稿的开端!我数不清你写了多少本书了。

Matt: I’ve lost track. It’s somewhere in the upper 30s for novels and I don’t even know for other books.
Matt:我也忘了我写多少本书了。我在30多岁时开始写小说,当时我甚至没读过其他的书。

Alex: A lot of them are set around games. I guess you quite like them a bit?
Alex:你的很多书都是和游戏有关的。我猜你一定很喜欢游戏吧?

Matt: Oh yeah, I’m a gaming fool. I started out as a tabletop game designer, actually. I grew up in southern Wisconsin, where Dungeons & Dragons started way back in the day and after high school I’d drive up and playtest games with a bunch of ex-TSR guys (the publishers of the original D&D!). Then I worked as a tabletop roleplaying game and boardgame designer, and then I transitioned to writing tie-in novels for games like Blood Bowl and Dungeons & Dragons . Games and fiction has always been the crossroads of my interests.
Matt:哦,是的,我是个玩游戏的傻瓜。实际上,我最初是一名桌游设计师。我在威斯康星州南部长大,在那里,《龙与地下城》很早就风靡了,高中毕业后,我开车去和一群前TSR的员工(原版D&D的出版商)玩测试游戏。然后我成为了一名桌游设计师,然后我过渡为游戏写相关小说,比如《血碗》和《龙与地下城》。游戏和小说构成了我的兴趣的十字路口。

Alex: Did you ever see yourself writing a book set in Minecraft?
Alex:你有没有想过自己写一本以《我的世界》为背景的书?
Matt: No! One of the things about Minecraft is that it doesn’t really have a story. There are all sorts of things you can do, but it doesn’t have a plot or characters, so Minecraft Dungeons was interesting because hey, we actually have a plot and characters and things happen in a sequence!
Matt:没有!我的世界的一个特点就是它没有讲述一个真正的故事。你可以在游戏里为所欲为,它没有情节和角色,所以《我的世界:地下城》很有趣,因为它有连续发生的情节和角色!

Alex: Yeah, Minecraft Dungeons has an actual story for you to play through! But you decided you’d write a prequel to the events that you play.
Alex:没错,《我的世界:地下城》的确讲述了一个故事!但你决定的是为你玩的游戏写前传

Matt: There’s a good reason why it’s a prequel. I didn’t want to just tell the story, because as a player you’re telling your own story, and that’s half the fun of playing Minecraft Dungeons. If I tell that story in a novel it becomes the canon version, and nobody wants to be told they’re playing the game wrong. So instead, one of the best things you can do is to give more context to the game you’re going to be playing, right? To give you more reasons to care about what you’re doing. In a prequel I can show who you’re fighting against, why he’s a bad guy, and why the world is as it is; stuff that’s only given a few seconds in a cutscene.
Matt:这是我为何写前传的充足理由。我不想只是讲故事,因为作为一名玩家,你在讲述自己的故事,而这正是游玩《我的世界:地下城》的一半乐趣所在。如果我在一本小说里讲述这个故事,这个故事就会是精品,而且没有人愿意被告知他们错误地玩游戏。所以,你能做的最好的事情之一就是给你要玩的游戏添加更多背景,没错吧?为了给你更多的理由去关心你在做什么。在前传中,我可以向你展示你在与谁对抗,为什么他是一个坏人,为什么世界是这样的;还有一根在过场中只出现数秒的法杖。

Alex: One of the great things about Minecraft Dungeons is that it’s all action, all the time, and you’ve written some great battle scenes.
Alex: 《我的世界:地下城》的一个伟大之处在与其总是充满行动,而且你书写了一些宏伟的战斗场景。

Matt: I love writing battles! If I can write a book that’s just one big fight scene I’d be happy. I don’t know why I enjoy it, but I’m fairly good at describing how people punch each other (laughs). Trying to replicate that kind of action on the page is an interesting challenge. If you can push a button and make your character go *thwack-thwack*, that’s much more exciting than me trying to describe it to you. So you don’t say what happened, because *thwack-thwack-thwack* isn’t exciting, you have to give the context to the fight. Why does it matter? What does it mean? Why are the characters worrying about what’s happening?
Matt:我喜欢描述战争!如果我能写一本描述宏伟战争的书的话我会很开心。我不知道我为何乐此不疲,但我很擅长描述人类如何互相伤害()。在书中复现那样的行动是项有趣的挑战。如果你可以按下按钮并让你的角色攻击,那这可比我描述战斗场面简单得多了。所以请你不要因为书中的*迷之拟声词*并不悦耳而一脸茫然,你需要想象战斗的场面。为什么这个拟声词很重要?这是什么意思?为什么角色们担心发生了什么?

Alex: Yeah, Rise of the Arch-Illager is really great at making you care about its characters. Even the Arch-Illager! Was it tricky to make readers feel for the bad guy?
Alex:是啊,《奇厄教主之崛起》可以让你更好地塑造人物。奇厄教主也一样!让读者对坏人感同身受是不是很棘手?

Matt: I came to enjoy Archie a lot as I wrote the book. I feel for this guy! I wouldn’t want to hang out with him, I mean, he’s a terrible person in a lot of ways, but I understand him and see how he got to be that way. I think really well-realised villains are actually some of the most intriguing characters, because it’s easy to say, “Do the right thing, be a hero?” right? But someone trying to be the hero and failing miserably and falling down the darker path, that’s more intriguing. Archie is sympathetic in lots of ways – he gets picked on, other stuff happens to him.
Matt:当我写这本书的时候,我很喜欢阿奇(Archie)。我同情这可怜的家伙!我不想和他在一起,我是说他在很多方面都是一个糟糕的人,但我理解他并见证他是如何成为那样的人。我很清楚坏蛋实际上是最有趣的角色之一,因为说这句话很容易:“做正确的事情,做个英雄怎么样?”对吧?但是有人试图成为英雄却不幸地失败了,他反而走上了黑暗的道路,而这更加耐人寻味。阿奇在很多方面都很有同情心,他被人欺负,其他糟糕的事情也发生在他身上。

Alex: He’s sympathetic even right towards the end of the book! He shows that being a leader is hard.
Alex:甚至在书的最后,他都富有同情!他的行为表明,成为优秀的领导者难于上青天。

Matt: Exactly, and he doesn’t really want to be one. He’s almost the reluctant hero from the classic hero’s journey, where the hero has the call to action and they initially refuse it, and so on. For Archie it’s the call to villainy and he doesn’t really want to go there.
Matt:实际上他并不想茕茕独立。他几乎是经典的英雄旅程里不情愿当英雄的英雄。在英雄旅程理论中,英雄受到召唤,而一些人一开始就拒绝了召唤。对阿奇来说这是邪恶的召唤,他并不想启程。

Alex: It’s interesting, I found myself caring a lot more for the Arch-Illager than I did the proper heroes in the book!
Alex:真有趣,我发现我更关心书中的奇厄教主而非真正的英雄!

Matt: Yes, and one of them isn’t such a nice guy! It was a little tricky to write the hero characters, because I wanted to make sure you can fill in your own character in your head. Most people want to think of themselves as good people, and they want to play good characters and be a hero. It’s why heroes are so attractive and enticing – we’re exploring and learning how we can be that kind of person. Those are interesting ideas to wrap your head around. So when you play the game, I want you to be able to see yourself in that role, and writing the heroes in the book was an interesting balancing act where I want to show them as shadows and not fill in the details, so for a good chunk of the book I don’t even name them!
Matt:是的,英雄之中有个人并不那么好!写英雄人物有点棘手,因为我想确保你能脑补出你自己的角色。大多数人都认为自己是好人,他们想扮演好人并成为英雄。这就是何英雄如此诱人的原因——我们正在探索和学习如何成为那种人。这些都是能够让你深思的很有趣的想法。所以当你玩游戏的时候,我希望你能够看到自己扮演那个角色,在书中写英雄是一个有趣的平衡行为,我想将他们视为倒影,而不填充具体的细节,所以在书的一大部分情节里,我都没怎么谈起英雄的名字!

Alex: It works great, because the end of the book leads really neatly into the start of the game. How did you make them join up so smoothly?
Alex:效果很好,因为书的结尾很巧妙地衔接到了游戏的开始。你是怎么让它们如此平滑地衔接起来的?

Matt: I cheated! I used the trailer for the game! That was the blueprint for the entire novel. I’ve written movie novelisations before, like Rogue One, where someone hands you a movie script and you have to expand on it and give the characters more context and motivations. This was like that, but with a minute and a half of video instead! It sounds challenging, but the trailer gave me a framework to work with, and a lot of the emotional high points. As long as I hit those points I knew where I was going and where I needed to be. Like with Archie’s cackle: I’d heard it in the trailer and I knew how it made me feel, and so writing it into the novel was just about amping it up.
Matt:我作弊了!我使用了游戏的预告片!这是整篇小说的蓝图。我曾写过电影改编的小说,比如《侠盗一号》。有人递给我电影剧本而我必须根据剧本进行拓展,给角色增添更多背景和动机。就比如这个游戏一分半的预告片!这听起来很有挑战性,但预告片给了我写作的框架和很多情感高潮。只要我抓住了重点我就知道该怎么写了。就和阿奇的笑声一样:我在预告片里听他的笑声并了解他的情感,我在小说中放大了他的这种情感。

Alex: Archie’s cackle-laugh is such a great moment! You know, I would have been tempted to make him do it all the way through the book.
Alex:阿奇的奸笑的确令人印象深刻。我很想让他在整本书里从头到尾笑个不停。

Matt: One of my editors always told me that writing emotion is like seasoning – you put just enough to give flavour but it’s overwhelming if you put too much in. If you have constant cackling it just robs everything. You have to ease people into it and then shock them with it. You need to land that emotional impact.
Matt:我的一个编辑总是告诉我,写情感就像调味料——你只需放到有适当的味道即可,但如果放得太多就会让人受不了。如果你一直咯咯笑,内味就太浓了。你必须让人们慢慢地融入其中,然后用浓厚的味道来震惊他们。你需要获得情感上的冲击。

Alex: *Notes “cackle less” in big notebook titled Plan to Become a Supervillain.* Thanks so much, Matt!
Alex:*在名为“带恶人塑造计划”的大笔记本中记下:“减少奸笑声”* 非常感谢,Matt!

Rise of the Arch-Illager releases in North America on July 7 and on July 9 in the UK.
《奇厄教主之崛起》将在北美的7月7日和英国的7月9日正式发售。

【转自 MCBBS qsefthuopq 的 https://www.mcbbs.net/thread-1073661-1-1.html
苦力怕论坛,感谢有您~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2020-7-9 13:04:44 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层 IP:河南省
本帖最后由 义阳小洋 于 2020-7-9 13:05 编辑

支配之球
2# 2020-7-9 13:04:44 回复 收起回复
苦力怕论坛,感谢有您~
回复 支持

使用道具 举报