[官方文章] [Minecraft.net|Culture]《Growing up》踵事增华,吐故纳新

发表于 2022-5-9 00:51:12 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 IP:煋
本帖最后由 满船清梦丶 于 2022-5-9 03:25 编辑

CULTURE
GROWING UP
踵事增华,吐故纳新

Recalling childhood with a blockobiographical build
在方块的构建中重返童年

People use Minecraft in all kinds of different ways - they play it, they teach with it, they use it as a WYSIWYG architectural design tool... But how many use it as a means of psychological introspection? Skilled builder Gabriel Gould has dug into his past to come up with this beautiful sculpture, evoking different aspects of childhood memory.
各行各业的人们总会有着不同的方式去使用《我的世界》,有人用它娱乐,有人把它作为一种教学方式,也有人把它看作是一类直观的建筑设计工具...但是否会有人用返躬内省?加布里瑞尔·古尔德(Gabriel Gould)是一位老练的建筑师,他探寻自己的回忆,从而诞生了这样一座匠心独运的雕塑,以打开人们尘封记忆中的不同一面。

“I wanted to make sure that every part of the project had a meaning behind it,” says Gabriel. “I had more ideas than I had room, so I had to think of four main components that I wanted to keep in the cloud, the things that affected me the most.”
“我尽力使这件作品的每部分都蕴藏着其独特的含义,”加布里瑞尔表示,“我想表达的远远不止作品中展示的,所以我想我有必要解释一下我在云上*搭建的四个主要部分——四个对我影响最大的事物。”

“project really made melook back on my childhood and reflect on who I am today”
“这个作品真知灼见地回望了我的童年,反思了我的当下。”

“The cello represents my love for music and art,” he explains. “I used to play the cello when I was ten. Playing the cello is one of the most vivid memories that I had when I was younger. The boat represents the relationship that my father and I have. We made a model boat together for a school project seven years ago. The bicycle was one of the first ideas that I wanted to add to the project. The bicycle represents spending time with family and friends. The fishing pole represents my grandfather. My grandfather loved fishing at my cabin and I would always look up to him as a kid. The whole project was an experience when constructing it. It really made me look back on my childhood and reflect on who I am today.”
“云上的大提琴是我对音乐与艺术的热爱的化身,”他解释道,“我十岁时经常演奏大提琴,大提琴俨然成为我年轻时最鲜艳生动的记忆之一;而那艘船则是我和我父亲关系的象征,在七年前我们一起在学校的一个工程中做了一艘模型船;云上的自行车是我打算加入这个作品的第一个点子之一,自行车意味着与亲友相伴的时光;至于那根钓鱼竿,它代表的我的祖父,他喜欢在我的船舱里钓鱼,我在儿时总是很钦佩他。建造的过程本身就是一场旅途,这个作品真知灼见回望了我的童年,反思了我的当下。”

It proved quite a challenge to put all these intricate features together in a way which was readable.
事实表明,将这么多的特点糅杂成一种可读的方式可谓困难重重。

“If I had made the project with a more ‘busy’ style, it would have looked too messy and blurred the meaning in the build,” says Gabriel. “I also wanted to try new things that I’d never tried before. I wanted to use glass to give the water a unique and realistic look. Another challenge I had was making the cloud. I had an idea to add shading with glass under the cloud to make it look like it had a shadow.”
“如果我用一种更‘匆忙’的风格来建造这个作品,会使这个作品变得盘根错节,”布里瑞尔说,“当然,我也希望去尝试那些我从未做过的新奇事物,我计划用玻璃使水变得更加莫辨楮叶,搭建云也是一个挑战,但我有个点子:在云层下方加上玻璃遮光使它像有影子一般。”

Gabriel hand-built a fair amount of the project, but had assistance from tools like Voxel Sniper and World Edit. The flashy render you see above was provided by Splekh, who used Cinema4D to give it lustrous looks.
布里盖尔徒手搭建了这个作品的相当一部分,但同时也借助了Voxel Sniper与 World Edit等工具的帮助,而你在上方看到的绚丽渲染是由Splekh提供的,他用Cinema4D给予作品了云蒸霞蔚的外观。

The project’s not over yet, though! “I’m planning on adding a lot of new parts,” says Gabriel. “I’m thinking of adding a version of the project where there is a virus attacking the hand.”
然而,作品仍在继续!“我计划增添几个新的部分,”布里盖尔表示“我在考虑添加一个受病毒攻击的手作为不同版本的作品。”

The longer the project draws on, the harder it'll be to know when to stop! Definitely a build to keep an eye on.
随着作品中的时光荏苒,你就会很难得知什么时候完成这个作品,这绝对是一个值得关注的作品!

【 油迹君 译自官网 2016 年 12 月 12 日发布的 Growing up;原作者 Marsh Davies】
【本文排版借助了:SPXX v2.4.6】

译者为本组成员,授权转载。
来自群组:EWO

评分

参与人数 1铁粒 +15 收起 理由
Cinder + 15 版规奖励

查看全部评分

苦力怕论坛,感谢有您~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2022-5-9 00:52:15 | 显示全部楼层 IP:湖南省