• 文中可能有少数与实际游玩过程略有出入,已用蓝色字体吐槽。
    • 并且尽管如此,如果你还发现了些有趣的事情,欢迎讨论。
  • 转载请注明原作者及本帖链接,本文首发于MCBBS 论坛

INSIDER

MEET THE MAGMA CUBE
遇见岩浆怪

A fiery threat that's molten to the core
烁石流金的威胁

It's our worst nightmare come to life. We'd spent hours merrily bashing blocks to pieces, smug in the knowledge those crushed up little cubes will never get their revenge – at least, we were smug, until we met some blocks that fought back. Few are as deadly as the Magma Cube locking sights on you. Get seen by this red and black horror and it bounces for you relentlessly, its springy body barely concealing a molten lava core that will fill your body with hot flamy pain. Friendly hugs are not advised.
我们最可怕的噩梦变为了现实。一直以来我们花费大量时间愉悦的将方块打成碎屑,在自己的认知里侥幸于它们并不会报复 —— 至少我们侥幸 认为的是这样,直到我们遇到了敢于还手的方块。不会再有比一只死死盯着你的岩浆怪更可怕的事物。恐怖的红黑色无情地冲锋而来,弹簧般的身体藏不住熔岩的核心,那股热流将灼痛你的身体。因此友好的抱抱还是免了吧。

Luckily, stay away from the Nether and you'll never (ha!) cross these deadly cuboids. Never have to shudder at their creepy orange eyes. Never experience the trauma of successfully slaughtering one only for several more to take its place . Continuing the Nether's recurring theme of deadlier counterparts to the Overworld beasts we know and love, the Magma Cube behaves in a similar way to the Slime mob, bouncing around and splitting into smaller life forms every time we think we've finished them off. That's no coincidence:
所幸,只要远离下界,你就永远不会 遭遇这些致命的方块 (哈!)。不会被迫注视它们悚人的橙色眼睛。不必面临这样的窘境:一个倒下了,更多的站起来。岩浆怪延续了下界一贯的主题,即我们所熟悉和喜爱的主世界生物的危险版本,它的行为方式与史莱姆类似,四处弹跳,并在我们自认为已经打倒它们时分裂成更小的生命形式。这并不是巧合,因为:

“It started out as a retexturing of the Slime for the Nether - it was just going to be a Lava Slime. But then when I named it that, I felt it was a bit lazy to retexture a mob. I wanted to make it more unique. I can’t really remember how I came up with the idea to have a layered block, but it’s one of my favourite mobs now. It really intrigues me. It doesn’t stand out in any particular way - I just really like it! You can use Magma Cream [an item Magma cubes drop] to brew Fire Resistance potions.” —— Jens Bergensten
“它最早的确是史莱姆的下界换皮版本 —— 将要被命名为熔岩史莱姆。但当我那样命名时,我感觉到直接生物换皮实在是太懒了。我想让它变得更加独特。我不记得自己是如何想到这个分层方块的创意,但它确实是我最喜欢的生物之一。它确实激起了我的好奇心。它并没有任何特殊之处 —— 但我是真的喜欢它!你还可以使用岩浆膏(岩浆怪的掉落物)来制造抗火药水。”
—— Jens Bergensten

True, but you'll have to fight a deadly fire enemy to get it, making a Magma Cube confrontation a tense gamble of risk versus reward. Incidentally, Magma Cream can also be combined with a Water Bottle to craft a Mundane Potion, a potion with no particularly good use. At least, not yet! The Mundane Potion is a remnant of an abandoned procedural brewing system - meaning that the recipes were meant to be different each time you generated a Minecraft world. But this didn't turn out to be much fun for the player and the system was abandoned, leaving the Mundane Potion without a purpose. "It's sort of like an appendix," says Jens. But who's to say what designs our devs might be concocting in the future?
没错,但你得和致命的火焰敌人战斗才能得到岩浆膏,使得挑战岩浆怪成了一场风险与回报并存的活动。此外,岩浆膏也可以与水瓶直接结合来制作平凡的药水,一种没有特别用途的药水。至少现在还没有!平凡的药水其实是旧酿造系统的一个废案的残余 —— 旧系统会在你所生成的每一个 Minecraft 世界里都生成不同的酿造配方。但这个系统对玩家来说太枯燥了,于是被放弃了,使得平凡的药水失去了意义。“这有点像阑尾,” Jens 这样说。但谁又能确定我们的开发者在未来会有什么样的设计呢?

【氘氚人 译自官网 2017 年 02 月 21 日发布的 Meet the Magma Cube;原作者 Tom Stone】
【本文排版借助了:SPXX v2.4.13】